Thursday, October 27, 2011

More Applesauce

Follow Me on Pinterest It's a little late, but I still want to post pictures of our applesauce adventure.  We made it on September 22nd.  I had several wonderful parents volunteer to come in that day and help.


They were so cute.  They took turns running the peeler/corer and they were all very helpful.


After the parents prepared the apples, the children chopped them up into little pieces.


When they finished, they dumped their pieces into a bowl.  The contents of the bowl eventually made it in to my electric skillet.  After adding some cinnamon, sugar and a little bit of fresh lemon juice, the apples simmered for a couple of hours.  Oh my!  The room smelled wonderful!


While they patiently waited, the children worked on various other tasks.  They sorted and counted manipulatives, worked on phonics with my partner and colored their Johnny Appleseed puppets.



(I have so many precious photos of the children that I wish I could share with you, but these anonymous pics will have to do.)

About half an hour before dismissal, we portioned out the tasty dish and set the cups on the table to cool while we went out to recess.



Here's a photo of the world's best aide:)  Thanks for all you do for us Diana.


At last.  Time to enjoy the fruit of our labor.  Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment