Tuesday, August 7, 2012

End of Summer

Follow Me on Pinterest We just returned from our last trek of the summer.  It doesn't seem possible, but school starts next week!  We stopped off at The Paper Source in Berkeley where I found the cutest Folkmanis hedgehog puppet.


She'll be a wonderful addition to my January bag of tricks.  She looks to me like she just stepped out of  Jan Brett's The Hat or The Mitten.  Hmmmm.........maybe I need to get busy and knit Hedgie her own little "hat."

My next find was at "love at first bite," a Cupcakery we patronize whenever we're in town.


In addition to a Lemon Pistachio cupcake, I picked up the cutest game.  I'm planning to add it to my free choice cupboard.   I think the spatula spinner on the "cake stand" is so cute!  Don't you?



I've been busy creating activities for my new TpT store.  It's so much fun!  I was devastated when I read that Fran Kramer from Kindergarten Crayons is leaving kindergarten.  I learned so much from her and now that she's no longer in K I decided I'll have to create my own activities.  The first one is an "I have...Who has...?" game to go along with Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Eric Carle.  It's a freebie and you can grab it here.  I have...Who has...? Brown Bear Edition.


We're finishing up a beginning-of-the-year packet with activities that connect to Eric Carle's Brown Bear book.  We hope to get it on TpT no later than Thursday.  I hope you'll check it out!


5 comments:

  1. Do you live in California? Saw your post about Berkeley. I am in Sunnyvale.
    THYordan@aol.com
    Loved your I Have WHo Has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do! In the Central Valley. We try to get over to the coast at least once a month. I'm so glad you like the game. I have more coming and I hope to put out another freebie next Friday. Have a terrific school year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful ideas. I just downloaded your I have Who Has Brown Bear game. When I went to print it, all the pages printed but I can't get the first page to print. I've tried several times and on different computers/printers. Any suggestions? I didn't know if maybe I was doing something wrong or not. Thank you again! Lots of wonderful ideas!
    Angela
    amccallum@suddenlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angela,

    Thanks for your kind words. :)

    By first page, I'm assuming you mean the front cover and "I have brown bear. Who has red bird?" page. We'll send you the first page all by itself and then put the entire thing up on adobe send now. You'll get an email from adobe with the name Glenn Kory attached. Be sure to download it right away as the adobe link will only be good for 7 days. My husband says you should have the latest version of adobe reader. If you don't, that could be what's wrong.

    I hope this solves the problem.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete